Sunday, March 05, 2006

New Calendar

Hello to anyone who may still occasionally read this. I've added a calendar on the sidebar (day) and bottom (day/week/month) of the blog (I'm still trying to tweek the appearance of the full calendar - if I only knew the code :) If this works, it can be easily be updated on a regular basis with homeowner's meetings, farm events and possibly even interesting events in the surrounding area.

This could be a useful communication tool for the farm community. However, I see that another homeowner's website is in development. If that launches successfully with regular up-to-date communication, I may remove the bulky calendar and simply update the links on the sidebar.

The original intent of publishing this wasn't so much to be an official newsletter of the farm, but for members to share individual expression inspired by our amazing surroundings. For example: musings, poetry, photography, scanned in sketches, paintings, recipes, gardening tips, even music clips or sound bites can be added. It could also be used to tell of interesting things to do near the farm that may be off the beaten path, or local causes that you'd like to share.

Because I don't frequent the farm so much during the school year, I haven't been making any updates. I would welcome, welcome anyone at Tryon Farm to participate. I know life doesn't end there when the leaves begin to fall. If any of you aren't so familiar with posting on a blog, but have something to contribute, please share it with me. Email me at dpapa@bigfoot.com.

Warm Wishes.


Dreaming of Summer.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks to everyone who stopped by on Sunday to do some garden planning.

If you do not have a garden box and would like one, e-mail Suzanne at sbaldwin@chilitech.com There are 6 boxes available.

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home